Remote Education Offer
Applemore College can provide remote eduction, when necessary, in the following ways:
- All students have access to Office 365 app at home via the Student Hub.
- The Student Hub is a web-based platform which holds the departmental resources available to students, the Planner, where students can access classwork and homework, and the Assessment Centre where work can be submitted and marked.
- All staff can access the Planner to set classwork and homework.
- All staff and students have direct access to Microsoft Teams when learning needs to be virtual.
- When learning does become virtual, staff provide virtual lessons at least 75% of the time with the other lessons used as opportunities for students to complete work set on the Planner and submit it via the Assessment Centre.
- The college has a contingency plan to meet the needs of all students who do not have access to technology.